About Danone AQUA
PT AQUA Golden Mississippi was established in 1973 by Tirto Utomo as the pioneer of bottled mineral water company in Indonesia. The first factory was built in Bekasi. Throughout 30 years of experience, the company has expanded into 14 factories throughout Indonesia.
In 1998 a strategic alliance occurred between AQUA Group (with PT Tirta Investama as its holding company) and DANONE Group. The merger has further improved AQUA’s performance in terms of product quality, market share and the industry’s advanced bottling technology requirements.
Under the flag of Danone-AQUA, the company provides far-reaching services throughout Indonesia and is available in more than 1,000,000 outlets across Indonesia to ensure the availability of AQUA products to its loyal consumers.
AQUA Plant Location
Jl. Raya Bekasi Timur Km 27
Jl. Mercedez Benz, Cicadas, Gunung Putri
Bogor, Jawa Barat 16964
Jl. Siliwangi km 70, Cicurug Sukabumi
Jawa Barat 43158
Jl. Cidahu Kampung Pojok, desa Babakan Pari
Parung Kuda Sukabumi, Jawa Barat 43518
Kampung Salam, Desa Darmaga, Kec. Pasanggrahan
Kabupaten Dati II Subang 41283
Jl. Raya Surabaya-Malang Km 48,5 Pandaan
Pasuruhan Jawa Timur 67156
Jl. Ahmad Yani No. 138
Desa Wangen, Kecamatan Polanharjo
Jawa Tengah, Klaten
Br-Gumasih, Kec.Abiansemal Badung
Jl. Rajawali No.11 A
Kelurahan Airmadidi Bawah, Kec. Airmadidi
Kab. Minahasa, Manado 95371
Jl. K.H. Ahmad Dahlan No. 202
Teluk Betung, Bandar Lampung
Jl Raya Winongan, desa Kebon Candi
Kec. Gondang Wetan, Pasuruan
Mountain Spring Water Location
Lampung (Jabung & Umbul Cancau Spring)
Babakan Pari (Kubang Spring)
Subang (Cipondoh Spring)
Wonosobo (Mangli Spring)
Klaten (Sigedang Spring)
Kebon Candi Spring
Menado (Airmadidi Spring)
PT AQUA Golden Mississippi was established as a pioneer in the bottled mineral water industry in Indonesia. The first factory was built in Bekasi.
AQUA’s first product was launched in the form of 950 ml glass bottles from its Bekasi factory at a price of Rp.75 per bottle.
AQUA’s second factory was established in Pandaan, East Java, as an effort to get closer to its customers in that area.
AQUA developed 220 ml PET packaging for its bottled water, making AQUA products better quality and safer for consumption.
Introduced the AQUA Peduli (AQUA Cares) program as a step toward recycling plastic AQUA bottles for reutilization.
AQUA became the first mineral water producer to apply the in-line production system at its Mekarsari factory. This process allowed the simultaneous production of AQUA water processing and packaging. This system results in the direct filling of newly produced bottles, so that the production process is more hygienic.
The merging of the AQUA and DANONE groups on September 4, 1998, constituted an important step toward improving the quality of AQUA products and has placed AQUA in the position of the largest bottled mineral water producer in Indonesia.
Right at the change of the millennium, AQUA launched its AQUA-DANONE product label.
On March 21, DANONE raised the number of its shares in PT. Tirta Investama from 40% to 74%, and became the majority shareholder of AQUA group. On November 1, AQUA launched a new design for the 380 ml glass bottle.
AQUA was awarded “The Indonesian Best Brand Award”. 0n June 1, AQUA started implementing The “Kesepakatan Kerja Bersama” (KKB 2002-2004) program.
AQUA increased its production capacity by establishing a new factory in Klaten. AQUA also started implementing the System Application System and Products (SAP) for data processing and the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), which allow for better integration of the company’s work process.
AQUA launched a new logo. AQUA also launched its new product, AQUA Splash of Fruit with the essences of strawberry and orange-mango flavors in it. The launching of AQUA Splash of Fruit helped strengthen AQUA’s position in the beverage category.
Danone AQUA lent a hand to tsunami victims in Aceh. AQUA initiated the first production of MIZONE, a nutritional drink from DANONE, which comes in orange, lime and passion fruit flavors, on September 27.
Goodness of Nature in every drop of AQUA. Indonesian mountains hold such priceless wealth within. One of them is the self-flowing water springs, some of which naturally flowed out to surface as mountain water springs.
Mountain water spring, what is that?
This is the water source that AQUA has selected. It is not common ground water, nor is it pumped water. It is mountain spring water, the best water source given by nature that is filled with the goodness of nature and untouched by human hands.
AQUA water has traveled through a natural purification system during its travel from the mountains to the deep underground water sources. During this travel, the water absorbs minerals and keeps them in a balanced state as in its original sources, and they are minerals essential for bodily health. This is what makes AQUA so special, and makes every drop of AQUA a precious creation of nature that is clear and fresh and filled with all the natural balance and goodness of its minerals.
AQUA comes only from selected mountain spring
AQUA comes from selected water springs which represent some of the best natural water springs in Indonesia. Although Indonesia is abundant with water sources, not all of them can be the water source for AQUA.
Because for AQUA, the hard work to find the best water sources in Indonesia is not an easy task. When a certain natural water source is found, it must adhere to 9 selection criteria in 5 strict selection processes before it can finally be names a water source for AQUA.
The 9 criteria which have to be fulfilled in selecting natural mountain water source are as follow:
1. The amount of water debit from the source must be balanced with the need. This is because AQUA wants to ensure that the sustainability of the environment is well maintained.
2. Physical parameters, such as PH level of conductivity level.
3. Chemical parameters, such as the presence of calcium or magnesium elements which comply with SNI standards.
4. Microbiology parameters, such as the unavailability of bacteria which have negative impact for health. This too, should also comply with the SNI standards.
5. Water spring environment and the presence of potentially-polluting sources, because it is important for AQUA to ensure that the water is filled with goodness of nature only.
6. Stability of physical parameters that is long-term observation towards the possibility of changing physical parameters in annual period.
7. Water source sustainability. In the process of selecting water source, AQUA ensure that the water source has a sustainable nature, both in quality and debit quantity.
8. Availability of infrastructure which can support AQUA but also ensure the preservation of surrounding environment.
AQUA is also committed to conduct an integrated study by expert team which need more than 1 year to study the characteristics of selected water source and is applied in 5 strict selection process:
1. Prospect identification study, in which the potential water source will be analyzed according to its compliance with the above said 9 criteria.
2. Geology study for all water spring sources to ensure the quality and quantity of the water source and also its surrounding environment. This also includes the projection plan to conduct hydrogeology and hydrology studies to increase knowledge about the uniqueness of AQUA water springs.
3. Geo-electrical study to interpret the quality and quantity of the water according to the condition of water source and its surrounding environment.
4. Initial exploration study to determine the possibility of a particular mountain spring to become a water source for AQUA.
5. Comprehensive water source management to ensure water sustainability.
After undergoing the strict and exhausting process, currently AQUA has 11 mountain spring sources which are spread in various parts of Indonesia
Goodness of AQUA for Goodness of Nature
Because AQUA is a precious natural creation with all the goodness of nature in its every drop, AQUA wants to ensure that you, and generations to come, will always be able to enjoy AQUA. Therefore AQUA endeavors to preserve the nature by not taking more than what nature can give to us, and also by cooperating with local stakeholders to preserve the environment surrounding the water spring.
As part of the Danone Groupe worldwide, AQUA also complies with the regulations stated in Danone Charter about the water resources management to ensure the quality and the preservation of the water springs.
AQUA also gives back to the nature by way of protecting its water springs in the mountains, in which the rain would fall and fill in the reservoirs. AQUA also cooperates with local stakeholders to conduct various environment and social programs to empower local communities.
The programs consist of:
* Sustainable farming
* Waste management
* Education on environment and health
* Sanitation and clean water access
* Integrated irrigation management
Everything is done by AQUA with 1 goal in mind: To ensure that AQUA selects and keeps the goodness of nature in its every drop for Indonesian healthy families.
This is what makes AQUA different compared to other packaged water: AQUA is sourced from natural spring water in the mountains and contains healthy balanced minerals, making AQUA to have the best quality.
Currently, AQUA factories all over Indonesia have fulfilled the required production standards to provide your family the best drinking water
ISO 9001:2000 (Quality Management System)
All AQUA factories have the ability to meet a variety of international requirements based on product characteristics.
ISO 14001 (Environmental System Management)
The ISO 14001 is a component of a management system that involves organizational structure, activity planning, responsibility, standardized practices and resources for the development, application and achievement of systems for the management and maintenance of environmental protection policy.
HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
A systematic concept for the identification of potential hazard that could affect product safety.
GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
153 requirements stipulated by the DANONE group in relation to the best production process.
Indonesia Platinum Brand Award
Indonesia Best Brand Award
Indonesian Golden Brand Award
Packaging Consumer Branding Award 2005, Gold
Indonesian Best Brand Award
Indonesian Golden Brand Award
Indonesian Best Brand Award
Indonesia Customer Satisfaction Award
Indonesian Best Brand Award
Value Creator Award 2003
Charter of Excellence in Primary Education (Piagam Pendidikan Dasar Bermutu)
# AQUA has been part of the Indonesian healthy family for more than 30 years. As the pioneer of packaged water ever since it was founded in 1973, AQUA has always been an inseparable part of the healthy lifestyle of Indonesian communities. Yesterday and today, AQUA has been and always will be the biggest and best in Indonesia. Sales volumeof AQUA is currently the biggest sales volume in the world for packaged water category.
# Moreover, DANONE Groupe is one of the biggest and best beverage manufacturers in the world and AQUA is now a part of it. DANONE expertise in nutritional food and beverages would make AQUA even stronger and better.
# Coming from a selected and protected water spring source, thus ensuring that every goodness of nature from its source is kept intact in every drop of AQUA. This means that every drop of AQUA has all the goodness of natural balanced minerals.
# The water spring source is selected based from a careful and detailed process. Every mountain water spring needs to comply with 9 selection criteria and then go through a strict 5-stages selection process which takes around 1 year before finally it can be an AQUA water spring. It is no wonder if AQUA has the best quality.
# Every drop of AQUA contains balanced natural minerals, making it beneficial to be consumed daily by all family members. These balanced natural minerals are very important for our health.
# After it is founded, the water spring and its surrounding areas are preserved. AQUA systematically preserves the environment of its water springs, starting from recharge areas up to the surroundings of the water spring. Underground protection walls are also built to prevent seeping impurities.
# AQUA is also committed to preserved its water springs by not taking more than what nature gives. This is done to ensure that all of nature’s goodness are kept intact in every drop of AQUA.
# Using an advanced water resources management. As part of the worldwide network of DANONE Groupe, AQUA complies to the regulations stated in the DANONE Charter for water resources management to ensure the quality of its water springs.
# Using an integrated manufacturing system which ensures that there is nothing between you and nature’s goodness. This integrated manufacturing system is an advanced yet simple process which can ensure that the none of the important minerals are eliminated from the water.
# Every stages in the production process has its own quality control which guarantees the quality of the product. This ensures that the goodness of nature is kept intact in every drop of AQUA.
# The process and quality system in AQUA comply with the standards set by Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Sanitation – Hygienic Practice and also the end product quality complies with SNI 01 – 3553 – 2006 or “Codex for Bottle Water”.
# AQUA is a beverage brand which has been trusted for years as the best brand. This is proven by all the awards given to AQUA which signified the trust and satisfaction of consumers. Among others: Indonesian Best Brand Award in 2003-2004, Indonesian Customer Satisfaction Award in 2003 and Indonesian Golden Brand Award in 2005 – 2007.
# AQUA actively conducts various programs to keep Indonesian families healthy, among others the AKSI (AQUA untuk Keluarga Sehat Indonesia – AQUA for Healthy Indonesian Families) program and AuAI (AQUA untuk Anak Indonesia – AQUA for Indonesian Children).
Nutrients in AQUA
AQUA contains balanced minerals that are important to our body. To know more about minerals and its importance, AQUA will share all the details with you.
Minerals are both natural and essential to the human body. If our intake of these important nutrients is inadequate, we suffer impaired functioning.
There are two types of minerals - macro minerals and trace minerals. Your body needs larger amounts of macrominerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium. Trace minerals, on the other hand, are only needed in small amounts these include iron, zinc, and selenium.
Many trace minerals act as coenzymes, so-called catalysts in chemical reactions. Trace minerals play assist production of neurotransmitters. These biochemicals send messages through your nervous system; in the production of major hormones secreted by your thyroid and adrenal glands; and in your body's ability to burn carbohydrates and fat for energy and to weave molecules into the tissues that become your bones, blood vessels, skin and teeth. Along with other food components, trace minerals help you grow, reproduce and maintain your body over the years.
The more the mineral loss, the greater the risk of osteoporosis, osteo-arthritis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and a long list of degenerative diseases generally associated with premature aging. The longer a person drinks de-mineralized water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state in the body. A number of physicians, nutritionists and researchers now believe that aging and disease are the direct result of these deficiencies and lead to the development of an acid state in the body.
Minerals Their Benefit and Deficiency
Calcium isessential to maintaining total body health. Your body needs it every day not just to keep your bones and teeth strong over your lifetime to ensure proper functioning of muscles and nerves. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body and the fifth most abundant substance. About 99% is deposited in the bones and teeth. Calcium is essential for healthy blood and eases insomnia and its delicate messenger ions help regulate the heartbeat.
1. Responsible for formation and maintenance of bones and teeth. This function help reduce the occurrence of osteoporosis.
2. Assists blood clotting to help wound healing.
3. Helps control blood pressure, nerve transmission, and release neurotransmitter.
4. Essential in the production of enzymes and hormones that regulate digestion, energy and fat metabolism.
5. Helps transport ions. Essential for muscle contraction.
6. Assists in maintaining all cells and connective tissues in the body.
7. Acts as a messenger from the cell surface to the inside of the cell and helps regulate the passage of nutrients in and out of the cell walls.
1. Can cause extreme nerve sensitivity, muscle spasms and leg cramps at very low level in the blood.
2. Osteoporosis can be due to calcium deficiency. This involves loss of calcium from the bones and reduced bone density. This causes bones to be brittle and liable to fracture
Zinc is an essential mineral that is found in almost every cell. It stimulates the activity of approximately 100 enzymes, which are substances that promote biochemical reactions in your body. Zinc supports a healthy immune system, is needed for wound healing, helps maintain your sense of taste and smell, and is needed for DNA synthesis. Zinc also supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence.
1. Maintains sight, smell and taste.
2. Boosts the immune system, accelerates healing, reduces colds
3. Protects against prostate problems
4. Helps protect against cancer
5. Helps to maintain male potency and decrease cholesterol deposits
6. Good for hair and skin health
7. Essential for proper cell maintenance.
8. Helps preserve mental faculties in the elderly.
1. Signs of zinc deficiency include growth retardation, hair loss, diarrhea, impotence, eye and skin lesions, and loss of appetite.
2. There is also evidence that weight loss, delayed healing of wounds, taste abnormalities, and mental lethargy can occur
Selenium is a trace mineral that is essential to good health but required only in small amounts. Selenium is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, which are important antioxidant enzymes. The antioxidant properties of selenoproteins help prevent cellular damage from free radicals. Free radicals are natural by-products of oxygen metabolism that may contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Other selenoproteins help
1. Helps to reduce incidence of certain cancers.
2. Promotes normal liver function.
3. Helps to ward off viruses.
4. Protects against heart disease and toxic minerals.
5. Helps to neutralize alcohol, smoke and some fats.
6. Helps to increase male potency.
7. Maintains healthy eyes and sight, and healthy hair and skin
1. Contributes to development of heart disease, hypothyroidism, and a weakened immune system.
2. Can make the body susceptible to illnesses caused by other nutritional, biochemical or infectious stresses.
3. Diseases associated with selenium deficiency include:
Keshan Disease, which results in an enlarged heart and poor heart function, occurs in children.
Kashin-Beck Disease, which results in osteoarthropathy
Myxedematous Endemic Cretinism, which results in mental retardation
Magnesium is a trace mineral that is known to be required for several hundred different functions in the body. Magnesium is found inside the cell, where it activates enzymes necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates and amino acids. It also helps regulate the acid-alkaline balance in the body. Magnesium helps promote absorption and metabolism of other minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium.
1. Magnesium helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function.
2. Magnesium keeps hearth rhythm steady.
3. Magnesium helps to strengthen bones.
4. Magnesium is involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
1. Causes increased levels of adrenaline, which can lead to a feeling of anxiety.
2. Cause of mitral valve prolapse leading to an increased state of anxiety.
3. Loss of appetite.
5. Muscle contractions and cramps.
6. Coronary spasm
To your reach
Philosophy of AQUA in giving healthy water for all consumers is to preserve the Goodness of Nature within it. Therefore, to preserve this goodness of nature in every drop of water, AQUA uses an integrated system which gives healthy water for you directly from the mountain springs. AQUA guarantees that there is nothing between you and nature’s goodness